My Top 3 Movies, Books, and Music For The Week

  • Movie of the Week: When Harry Met Sally
  • Book of the Week: "Lucky" by Alice Sebold
  • Music of the Week: Ryan Star

Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Nostalgic Christmas Day

Well, my Christmas day started out amazing, I started new traditions with my new husband...we both wore fleece pajamas (mine were footy pjs, HAHA!)  we woke up at 7:30 and opened up our gifts to each other.  lets just say that my gifts paled in comparison to his: he got me a Mac Book Air for when I start grad school next semester, seriously, how could I compete with that?  As for the rest of the day, it was different than any Christmas past.  At some points in this day, particularly at the evening family gather I wished that I could have reverted back to my childhood where the biggest problem was whether or not my gifts were better than my sisters or cousins.

Now it seems that I am caught in the middle of the drama.  Due to those in my family who are passive aggressive it creates more issues that needed.  The smallest thing that could be handled face to face is too hard for my family.  Here's a lesson for you: saying something behind others backs hurts more than saying it to their face, sure it may be uncomfortable but it gets the job done.  Also, don't hold in issues then blow up, thats no good either.

Because of this Christmas day I have decided that, while I love my family they are too involved and too interested in other family members personal lives.  I also decided that I shouldn't always think that people are good, no matter how hard they try to convince you they are good.  People lie, one second they are nice, then they make something official and you are stuck with them.  Oh and can I mention how much I hate the idea of submission within marriage....thats a whole different blog post though, I won't go there yet.

Throughout this past week I have realized how lucky I am.  I have an amazing husband and in-laws, they have been such rocks for me lately.  I don't know what I would do with out them.

No comments:

Post a Comment