My Top 3 Movies, Books, and Music For The Week

  • Movie of the Week: When Harry Met Sally
  • Book of the Week: "Lucky" by Alice Sebold
  • Music of the Week: Ryan Star

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Time is Here!

Well its time for Christmas, I guess since I have been so busy I haven't really got to enjoy my usual Christmas traditions: going and looking at Christmas lights, walking around Creekmore Park and riding the train while sipping hot cocoa.  The wedding sure did ruin those plans haha. 

Its going to be weird this year, this is the first Christmas in which I will not be waking up with my sisters and mom, seeing what "Santa" brought us and eating breakfast as a family.  This year I get to start my own traditions, what those will be I'm not sure, but since I am on my own with a new husband I guess its time to make our own. 

What are some of your traditions?  I know we are going to wake up and open gifts with Christmas music going.  And I know we are going to make Cinammon Roles for breakfast.

Its going to be bittersweet this year, starting a new life with someone else but having to let go of the old.  Along with the new comes a wedding tomorrow.  My mom is getting married on Christmas Eve, which is exciting.  This will surely change all that I have known my whole life.  Change can be great it just feels like I have had more than enough change for one month, haha!  I am great with it in small doses, its when I have to deal with a mountain of change in a short amount of time that I get drained. 

Because I am in a holiday mood I have posted a link to one of my favorite Christmas songs, its a little twist on Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer...enjoy! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl8BMR1VyLg&feature=player_detailpage

No comments:

Post a Comment